1.In which of the scenarios will the DBA perform recovery? (Choose all that apply.)
- A) The alert log file is corrupted.
- B) A tablespace is accidentally dropped.
- C) One of the redo log members is corrupted.
- D) A database user terminates the session abnormally.
- E) The hard disk on which the data file is stored is corrupted
Ans: B, E
2.You are not sure if Flashback Database is enabled. What database column and view can you query to see if the flashback logs are being created in the flash recovery area?
- A) Query the initialization parameter FLASHBACK_DATABASE in VJINSTANCE.
- B) Query the FLASHBACK_ENABLED column in VJDATABASE.
- C) Query the FLASHBACK column in VJDATABASE..
- D) Query the FLASHBACK_ON column in VJDATABASE.
3.What dynamic performance view can you query to list the supported platforms for transportable tablespaces?
- A) V$TRANSPORTABLE_PLATFORM
- B) V$TRANSPORTABLE_TABLESPACE
- C) V$SUPPORTED_PLATFORMS
- D) V$DATABASE PLATFORM
4.You issue the following command to enable block change tracking: SQL> ALTER DATABASE ENABLE BLOCK CHANGE TRACKING; However, you receive an error message, and the tracking file is not created. What is a possible reason for the error message?
- A) The parameter DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST is not set.
- B) You must use ALTER SYSTEM instead. )
- C) Your database must be in the MOUNT state to create the block change tracking file.
- D) The parameter DB_CREATE_FILE_DEST is not set.
5.You are restoring and recovering a database to a new host. What data dictionary view will you use to identify the names of the datafiles on the new database?
- A) DBA_DATAFILE
- B) VJTABLESPACE
- C) VJDATAFILE
- D) V$DATAFILE_COPY
- E) VJBACKUP DATAFILE
6.Your flash recovery area becomes full when you are running an RMAN backup (and has not yet reached the value specified by DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST). It is the destination for archived redo log files and backups. What will happen to the database? (Choose the best answer.)
- A) If you have the flash recovery area set toautoextend, the backup will continue with no problem.
- B) The database will hang until you add more space to the flash recovery area.
- C) RMAN will delete obsolete backups from the flash recovery area to accommodate new backups.
- D) The RMAN backup will hang until you add more space to the flash recovery area.
7.You want to ensure the recoverability of the recovery catalog itself. Which of the following steps should you implement to maximize recoverability? (Choose all that apply.)
- A) Configure the database for ARCHIVELOG mode.
- B) Use BACKUP DATABASE PLUS ARCHIVELOG when you back up the recovery catalog.
- C) Put the recovery catalog in the target database, and include a backup of the recovery catalog with every backup.
- D) Use BACKUP DATABASE PLUS ARCHIVELOG when you back up the recovery catalog.
- E) Back up the recovery catalog to disk and tape after each target database backup (in other words, two separate media types).
Ans: A, B, D, E
8.For which of the following scenarios would you use user-managed incomplete recovery? (Choose all that apply.)
- A) You have lost a data file and one or more of the archived redo log files are missing.
- B) Several widespread logical errors have occurred in the database in the last day.
- C) You want to create a test database as of a point in time in the past.
- D) You have lost a data file and you have all archived redo log files available.
- E) You have lost one of the copies of the control file.
Ans: A, B, C
9.You want to leverage resource consumer groups when using the Scheduler. Which Scheduler object uses resource plans directly?
- A) A lightweight job
- B) Ajob class
- C) Ajob chain
- D) A program
10.You need to recover the database after a disk is lost but you are missing two archived redo log files. You need to run the RMAN RECOVER DATABASE UNTIL command. In what database state can you perform this recovery?
- A) OPEN
- B) MOUNT
- C) RESTRICTED
- D) NOMOUNT
11.Which of the following methods can you use to enable duplexed RMAN backups? (Choose two answers.)
- A) Use the initialization parameter RMAN_BACKUP_COPIES.
- B) Use the BACKUP COPIES option in the RMAN CONFIGURE command.
- C) Use the BACKUP COPIES option in the ALLOCATE CHANNEL command.
- D) Use the COPIES option in the RMAN BACKUP command.
12.You want to configure database backups to be run automatically. Which tool or utility would you use to achieve this?
- A) The DBMS_JOB package
- B) The BACKUP_JOB package
- C) The DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE package
- D) The calendar tool in the Operating System (OS)
- E) The backup scheduler in Enterprise Manager (EM)
- F) The DBMS_BACKUP_SCHEDULER packager inline mode
13.You work as a DBA. One of the database users accidentally deleted all the rows of a critical table and committed the delete at 1:30 p.m. Your senior database administrator asks you to retrieve the lost data. Which two actions would you use to ensure that there is no impact on other connected users while retrieving the deleted rows? Choose an option.
- A) Use a flashback query to retrieve the rows that were deleted
- B) Use Oracle Data Pump with flashback_time option to enable flashback export and then import the affected object
- C) Shutdown the database in NORMAL mode and restart the database instance
- D) Use DBMS_META package to reconstruct the object using undo segments
- E) Use Tablespace Point in Time Recovery (TSPITR) method to recover the table and the data.
14.According to your backup strategy, you performed an incremental level 0 backup of your database. Which statement regarding this backup is true?
- A) The backup is similar to image copy.
- B) The backup contains all used data blocks.
- C) The backup contains only unused data blocks.
- D) The backup contains all data blocks changed since the last incremental level 1 backup.
15.You work as a database administrator. You are using Recovery Manager (RMAN) for backup and recovery of your database. You executed the delete command in RMAN to delete a backup of a tablespace.Which statement is true in this scenario?
- A) The backup status will be marked expired in RMAN recovery catalog.
- B) The backup status will be marked deleted in RMAN recovery catalog after you execute the crosscheck command.
- C) The backup will be deleted physically from the OS (Operating system)and the backup information is removed from the recovery catalog
- D) The backup status will be marked deleted and you must delete the backup file manually from the OS (Operating system).
- E) The backup status will be marked deleted and you must delete the backup file manually from the OS (Operating system), if you are not using Oracle Managed Files (OMF).