1. Where is Concurrent Manager Log file location?
Ans: By default standard location is $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG, in some cases it can go to $FND_TOP/log as well
2.How you put Applications 11i in Maintenance mode?
Ans: Use adadmin to change maintenance mode in EBS. If you don’t want to put EBS in maintenance mode you can use adpatch options=hotpatch feature.
3.Can you apply patch without putting Applications 11i in Maintenance mode?
Ans: Yes, use options=hotpatch as mentioned above with adpatch.
4.What is adsplice utility?
Ans: Adsplice in oracle apps is utility to add a new product to EBS
5.How can you license a product after installation?
Ans: You can use ad utility adlicmgr to license product in Oracle Apps
6.What is MRC? What you do as Apps DBA for MRC?
Ans: MRC also called as Multiple Reporting Currency in Oracle Apps. By default you have currency in US Dollars but if your organization’s operating books are in other currency then you as apps DBA need to enable MRC in Apps.
7.Where is Jserv configuration files stored?
Ans: Jserv configuration files are stored in $IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Jserv/etc.
8.Where is applications start/stop scripts stored?
Ans: Applications start/stop scripts are in directory $COMMON_TOP/admin/scripts/$CONTEXT_NAME
9.How to check if Oracle Apps 11i System is Rapid Clone enabled?
Ans: For system to be Rapid Clone enabled, it should be Autoconfig enabled. You should have Rapid Clone Patches applied.
10.What is your Oracle Apps 11i Webserver Version and how to find it?
Ans: In order to find version under IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache/bin Execute ./httpd -version
11.Where is database plssql cache stored?
Ans: plssql & session cache are stored under $IAS_ORACLE_HOME/ Apache/modplsql/cache directory
12.What is RRA/FNDFS?
Ans: Report Review Agent (RRA) also referred by executable FNDFS is default text viewer in Oracle Applications 11i for viewing output files & log files.
13.How to confirm if Report Server is Up & Running?
Ans: Report Server is started by executable rwmts60 on concurrent manager Node & this file is under $ORACLE_HOME/bin Execute command on your server like ps -ef | grep rwmts60
14.How to confirm if Apps Listener is Up & Running?
Ans: lsnrctl start APPS_$SID (replace SID with your Instance Name) so if your SID is VISION then use lsnrctl status APPS_VISION
15.How will you find total number of invalid objects in database?
Ans: SQLPLUS> select count(*) from dba_objects where status like ‘INVALID';
16.How to compile Invalid Objects in database?
Ans: You can use adadmin utility to compile or you can use utlrp.sql script shipped with Oracle Database to compile Invalid Database Objects.
17.What is difference between adpatch & opatch?
Ans: # adpatch is utility to apply oracle apps Patches whereas # opatch is utility to apply database patches
18.Can you use both adpatch & opatch in Apps?
Ans: Yes you have to use both in apps, for apps patches you will use adpatch utility and for applying database patch in apps you will use opatch utility
19.What is forms server executable Name?
20.Where is HTML Cache stored in Oracle Apps Server?
Ans: Oracle HTML Cache is available at $COMMON_TOP/_pages for some previous versions you might find it in $OA_HTML/_pages
21.What is GWYUID?
Ans: GWYUID stands for Gateway User ID and password. Usually like APPLSYSPUB/PUB
22.What are .odf file in apps patch?
Ans: odf stands for Object Description Files used to create tables & other database objects while applying a patch.
23.Does APPS_MRC Schema exist for MRC in 11.5.10 and higher?
Ans:No, apps_mrc schema is dropped with 11.5.10 Upgrade & 11.5.10 new Install. This is replaced by more Integrated Architecture.
24.Find application server version?
25.How will you find the Apache, forms, reports version in an EBS suite?
Ans: http –v – Apache
f60gen – Forms
ar60run – Reports
26.Find jinitiator version?
Ans:Client side – Control panel
Server side – SID_hostname.xml (s_jinit_ver_)
27.List some ad utilities and their functions?
Ans:adadmin, adctrl, adpatch, adlicmgr, admrgpch, adsplice and adworker
28.List out the modules related to oracle Apps DBA?
Ans: FND – Application Object Library, AU – Application Utilities, AD – Application DBA
29.What are profile options, what are various types of profile options?
Ans: User, application, responsibility and site
30.If the patch is running in Pre-Install mode, where would the patch history files be stored in Oracle Applications R12 configured on a UNIX operating system?
- A) $AD_TOP/admin
- B) $APPL_TOP/admin
- C) $TEMP/runInstaller
- D) $APPL_TOP/admin/
- E) $COMMON_TOP/admin/
31.In which three cases is it most effective to run validation on the APPS schema in the Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite setup? (Choose three.)
- A) before performing an export or import
- B) after a patch or multiple patches are applied
- C) Immediately after an upgrade or after applying a maintenance pack
- D) after converting to multiple organizations or multiple reporting currencies
- E) whenever you receive a run-time error that suggests that a problem is caused by the AD_DDL package
32.The AD Administration task utility “Compile APPS Schema” is similar to the “Validate APPS Schema” task, except that instead of just producing a list of invalid objects, it compiles invalid objects using multiple workers in an attempt to move them back to the valid object state.This task is most often run when custom packages are moved into the APPS schema, and during the upgrade process.The “Compile APPS Schema” task can be toggled to compile all objects or just the invalid objects. Choose three correct benefits of using this task. (Choose three.)
- A) increases run-time performance in the applications
- B) corrects all corrupt schema package bodies and headers
- C) finds truly invalid objects before users get a run-time error
- D) allows new custom or patched packages to be immediately validated
33.Which two tasks can you perform with the Application DBA (AD) Controller utility? (Choose two).
- A) Restart a failed patch.
- B) Review the worker status.
- C) Assign a job to the worker.
- D) Restart a completed worker.
- E) Restart a terminated worker.
34.You downloaded an HRMS patch from Oracle MetaLink, and you run AutoPatch to apply it to the Oracle Applications R12 test setup in your company. If AutoPatch shows an error in one of the workers’ jobs, how do you determine the source of the error?
- A) Check the AutoPatch log file for the source of the error.
- B) Review adworkxxx.log in $APPL_TOP/admin//log.
- C) Use the AD Controller utility, and choose the Review worker status.
- D) Search the Oracle MetaLink Web site for the worker control number.
35.In Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite, what is the best method to relink the Application DBA (AD) executable programs?
- A) Use AD Administration (adadmin).
- B) Use the AD Controller utility (adctrl).
- C) Use AutoConfig to relink (adautocfg.sh).
- D) Use the AD relink command-line utility (adrelink.sh).
36.One of the special AD Controller utilities, Show Worker Status, collects worker status information from the FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES temp table. It tracks multiple workers for five categories: Worker, Code,Context, File Name, and Status.The seven statuses are:
Choose the sequence that would place the process statuses in the proper flow order when an in-processing error is received.
- A) 5, 1, 4, 6, 7, 3, 2
- B) 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 5, 2
- C) 3, 6, 5, 1, 4, 7, 2
- D) 7, 3, 6, 5, 4, 1, 2
- E) 6, 1, 4, 3, 5, 7, 2
37.Oracle Applications Release 12 uses two Context files to store all application-specific configuration information. What are the advantages of the Context files? (Choose three.)
- A) The Context file can be edited using Oracle Application Manager (OAM).
- B) Configuration information is represented in a platform-independent format.
- C) The database environment and the APPL_TOP environment are readily described in a single file.
- D) The XML format is easier to read and use than a variety of formats in an individual configuration file.
- E) It is easier to integrate into the process of cloning new systems, as opposed to editing numerous files.
38.In AD Controller, when a job fails the first and second time, the manager automatically defers it to the end of the phase and assigns a new job to the worker. If the deferred job fails the third time, the job stays at the failed status and the worker waits. At this point, you must address the cause of the failure, and then restart the job using AD Controller.
Choose two correct steps that would help you to troubleshoot the failure of the job and enable you to run the job to completion. (Choose two.)
- A) Verify whether the process is consuming CPU time.
- B) Review the adworkXXX.log worker log file in $APPL_TOP/admin//log to find the error.
- C) Review the file name and worker columns of the failed worker to find the name of the failed file and the worker number.
- D) Check for an entry for this process in the V$SESSION table to gather clues about what the process is doing in the database.
39.In your Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite implementation, the database is corrupt. To resolve it, the database Java Virtual Machine (JVM) was reloaded. Identify the type of problem that may occur and the related correct solution.
- A.Problem: Many invalid objects are found in the APPS schema.
Solution: Run the “Validate APPS schema” task by using the adadmin utility.
- B.Problem: All Oracle Applications Java classes are missing.
Solution: Run the “Reload JAR files to the DB” task by using the adadmin utility.
- C.Problem: The Application screen display does not come up with one of the installed language characters.
Solution: Run the “Convert Character set” task by using the adadmin utility.
- D.Problem: The Application window does not show any of the Accounts Receivables data.
40.The Oracle Applications R12 database administrator (DBA) runs the “Recreate grants and synonyms for APPS schema” task by using the adadmin utility when grants or synonyms are missing from the database.Which three causes are responsible for this? (Choose three.)
- A) incomplete database migrations (exports or imports)
- B) patch and administrative sessions that failed to run successfully to completion
- C) invoking PL/SQL routines to maintain multilingual tables by adding missing, untranslated rows
- D) installing or maintaining Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite underlying database components or options such as Replication
41.When does the FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES table get created in the Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite database?
- A) whenever the AD Controller utility is used
- B) when AutoPatch, AutoUpgrade, or AD Administration programs process jobs
- C) during the upgrade to R12 E-Business Suite from the earlier version of Oracle Applications
- D) when the R12 E-Business Suite database is created in a Real Application Clusters (RAC) setup
- E) during the R12 E-Business Suite installation and, more specifically, at the time of the database APPS schema creation
42.You suddenly start receiving errors indicating that there are numerous Java files in the database that are corrupted and cannot be run. You determined that you must reload the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) to fix the errors.
In addition to reloading the JVM, what Oracle database utilities, if any, do you need to run and why? (Choose all that apply.)
- A) Compile the Menu information to restore Java menu files to the application forms.
- B) Reload JAR files to the database because after reloading the JVM, the Java class files would be missing.
- C) Compile the APPS schema because after the JVM has been reloaded, APPS permissions need to be reestablished.
- D) None of the Oracle database utilities need to be run because by reloading the JVM, all corrected Java files are corrected with the new files loaded during this process.
43.Consider a situation where a worker failed with a core dump and cannot be restarted. Although the worker is listed as running in the adctrl utility, there is no operating system-level process for the erring worker.
In this situation, the only option is to restart the patch. What are the steps performed to restart the patch?
- Tell the manager that a worker acknowledges quit.
- Restart the patch.
- Tell the manager that a worker failed its job.
- Tell the worker to shut down or quit (all workers).
Identify the correct sequence in which you perform the task in the above scenario.
- A) 1, 3, 4, 2
- B) 4, 3, 1, 2
- C) 4, 1, 3, 2
- D) 1, 3, 2, 4
- E) 3, 4, 1, 2
44.Which two statements are true if you choose the “Recreate grants and synonyms for APPS schema” task option from the adadmin utility? (Choose two.)
- A) This option re-creates grants on some packages from APPS to SYSTEM.
- B) This option re-creates grants and synonyms for the APPLSYSPUB schema.
- C) This option re-creates grants and synonyms for the code objects of the APPS schema to the base product schemas.
- D) This option spawns parallel workers to re-create grants and synonyms linking sequences and tables in the base product schemas to the APPS schema.
45.What is true about the worker process in the Oracle Applications R12 environment?
- A) When a worker runs a job for the first time, if the job fails, the manager automatically defers the job to retry at a later time.
- B) When a worker runs a job for the third time, if the job fails, the status of the job stays at failed and the worker starts the next job.
- C) As long as the total run time is less than 10 minutes, the manager defers the job to retry at the end of the current phase, even if that job failed the previous three times.
- D) When a worker runs a job for the second time, if the job fails and the total run time is 15 minutes, then the status of the job stays at failed and the worker starts the next job.
46.Identify three situations where relinking may be necessary. (Choose three)
- A) after running AutoConfig
- B) after the server libraries are updated
- C) after the product JAR files are generated
- D) when executable programs become corrupted
- E) when executable programs are accidentally deleted
47.What is the result of executing the following command:
$ adrelink.sh “fnd all”
- A) relinks the ALL executable program
- B) relinks all FND executable programs
- C) relinks all product executable programs
- D) backs up and relinks all FND executable programs
48.Which three statements are true about the E-Business Suite Applications Context file? (Choose three)
- A) It is a system configuration file.
- B) It is written in XML format.
- C) It describes the database environment.
- D) It is written in a platform-dependent format.
- E) It can be used to synchronize multiple nodes.
- F) It can be edited using Oracle Applications Manager (OAM) AutoConfig.
49.The worker shows the Running or Restarted status, but the process is not really running. Which are the two corrective actions that you would perform to restart a worker? (Choose two.)
- A) Tell the worker to quit.
- B) Tell the worker to shut down.
- C) Restart a worker on the current machine.
- D) Tell the manager that a worker has failed in its job.
- E) Tell the manager that a worker acknowledges quit.
50.Which statement about Application DBA (AD) Controller is true?
- A) The AD_DEFFERED_JOB table is created by AD Controller.
- B) The FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES table is created by AD Controller.
- C) The AD Controller window is invoked automatically when a worker fails its job.
- D) AD Controller gathers worker status information from the FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES table.
51.While working with Web forms an application user sometimes comes across a performance issue. The initial screen takes too long to appear with the Web form screen, showing the status “Downloading JAR files…” for a long time. Identify the reasons for this. (Choose two.)
- A) It always takes time to load the Web forms.
- B) An older version of Sun J2SE plug-in is installed on the Desktop tier.
- C) JAR files for the Forms client applet are downloaded automatically the first time it is used.
- D) The browser will automatically retrieve new JAR files if they have changed on the application tier.
- E) The Internet Explorer browser security level should be set as “Low” for the zone that contains the Oracle Application Release 12 Web pages.
52.You experience report-error problems in the Inventory module after applying a patch to the same module. You run the AD Administration utility, and select the Generate Application Files menu. Because you have report problems, you decide to run Generate Report Files. You answered the following questions during the utility run:
- Do you want to generate Oracle report objects using the current character set? (You answer Yes.)
- Do you want to regenerate the Oracle reports PL/SQL library files? (You answer No.)
- Do you want to regenerate Oracle reports executable files? (You answer Yes.)
- For which products do you want to generate Oracle report objects? (You answer “all reports in INV.”)
After you run the AD utilities, most reports in Inventory run with no errors. However, you still experience errors with two reports. Which two statements explain why the two reports still run with errors? (Choose two.)
- A) You have reports in a different language.
- B) You have reports with external library files.
- C) You have custom reports in a custom directory.
- D) You have reports from a different module being referenced on the Inventory report menu.
53.You discover that you will be applying an application patch on your APPL_TOP by using AutoPatch, which contains a compatible feature, the prereq line. To ensure that the automatic, prerequisite patch-checking feature operates during the application of the patch, you must run AD Administration, Maintain Snapshot Information, then perform some key tasks, and then AutoPatch.
Select four key Maintain Snapshot Information tasks or combination of tasks that will ensure that the prerequisite patch-checking feature operates during the application of the patch. (Choose four.)
- A) Update a current view snapshot, or create a named snapshot.
- B) Export a snapshot to a file, and then delete the named snapshot.
- C) Import an up-to-date snapshot from a file from a different APPL_TOP.
- D) List snapshots, delete the named snapshot, and create a named snapshot.
- E) Copy the existing snapshot, delete the named snapshot, and then create a named snapshot.
54.As a database administrator (DBA), you have been trying to apply a maintenance patch, but it has failed to run successfully to completion. You check the AD Administration log file for an error. The log file reveals several entries that are generic errors about the inability of patch codes to have access to product packages from the GL product modules.
You remember that one of the occasions when you should run the “Recreate Grants and Synonyms” AD Administration utility is if the patch and the administrative sessions fail to run successfully to completion. You have found one occasion to use this utility in the case above. Now choose three other occasions when you would run this process again. (Choose three.)
- A) after custom development
- B) when applying a patch to the operating system
- C) after applying a patch to the Applications technology stack
- D) in case of incomplete database migrations (exports or imports)
- E) when installing or maintaining underlying database components or options such as Replication
55.In an Oracle Applications Release 12 environment, where do you find the .xml file? (Choose two.)
- A) /admin/
- B) /admin/
- C) /appl/admin/
- D) /appsutil/
- E) /apputil/
56.What are the two occasions when it is appropriate to run “Compile APPS schema” by using the AD Administration utility in the Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite environment? (Choose two.)
- A) during the Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite upgrade process
- B) when custom packages are moved to the APPS schema and need to be compiled
- C) after enabling the multiple reporting currencies in the Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite environment
- D) after enabling the multiorganization functionality in the Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite environment
- E) when encountering invalid objects in the SYS and SYSTEM schemas in the Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite database
57.During installation, the Rapid Install process creates ______ that are used to start and stop the server processes on the database tier.
- A) JServer load balancers
- B) cost-based optimizers
- C) database resource managers
- D) session-persistent load balancers
- E) database-tier server process scripts
58.AD Administration contains a utility named Maintain Snapshot Information. Which statements correctly describe the functionality of this utility? (Choose all that apply.)
- A) You can create a copy of an existing snapshot.
- B) You can delete the current view snapshot.
- C) You can create a list of the current view and named snapshots stored in your system.
- D) You can export an existing snapshot to a file for storage or to another system.
- E) You can update the current view snapshot with any changes to the snapshot since the last update.
59.A report output file is generated when you run “Validate APPS schema” by using the adadmin utility in the Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite environment. If the report shows something similar to “GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS table does not exist or is an invalid object,” what is the first step that the database administrator (DBA) should perform to correct this issue?
- A) Run the AD Relink utility and relink the GL product.
- B) Use License Manager, and register the GL product.
- C) Run Rapid Install to reinstall database components.
- D) Run AutoPatch, and apply the GL latest available patch.
- E) Run the “Recreate grants and synonyms for the APPS schema” task by using the adadmin utility.
60.What are the two possible sequences of worker status while a job is being completed by a worker?(Choose two.)
- A) Waiting => Assigned => Running => Completed
- B) Assigned => Waiting => Running => Completed
- C) Waiting => Assigned => Running => Failed => Fixed, Restart => Restarted => Completed
- D) Assigned => Waiting => Running => Failed => Fixed, Restart => Restarted => Completed
- E) Waiting => Assigned => Running => Failed => Fixed, Restart => Restarted => Running => Completed
61.Identify the files that are changed when you run AutoConfig. (Choose all that apply)
- A) /listener.ora
- B) /.env
- C) /admin/adconfig.txt
- D) /.env
- E) /appl/admin/.xml
62.After the successful installation of Oracle Applications Release 12, environment files are created. Which environment file is used to identify and describe third-party and custom applications linked with Oracle Applications?
- A) the context file
- B) the devenv.env file
- C) the fndenv.env file
- D) the adovars.env file
- E) the adconfig.txt file
63.Before you apply a patch, you read the readme.txt file. One of the areas of Oracle Applications to which the patch will be applied is JAVA_TOP. The readme file mentions that you may need to generate product JAR files in the AD Administration utilities after the patch is applied.When generating product JAR files, the AD Administration utility will prompt you with the question: Do you want to force the generation of all JAR files? What are the three occasions when you need to force the generation of all JAR files? (Choose three.)
- A) after changing your digital signature
- B) after updating to a new Java version
- C) if you find you have missing or out-of-date JAR files
- D) if you are upgrading the Oracle Developer technology stack
64.Enter forms to generate, or enter ‘all’ [all]: FNDSCSGN.fmx The utility finished with no errors in the log file.What is the outcome of running the adadmin utility?
- A) All forms in the product group fnd now render with errors.
- B) All forms in the product group fnd now render without errors.
- C) All forms but one in the product group fnd now render with errors.
- D) All forms but one in the product group fnd now render without errors.
65.Where can you find the generated report file after running the “Validate APPS schema” task in the Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite setup?
- A) /admin/.lst
- B) /admin/out/.lst
- C) /admin/out/.lst
- D) /admin//out/.lst
- E) /admin//out/.lst
66.How can you monitor the progress of parallel processing jobs in the Oracle Applications R12 environment?
- A) using the AutoPatch utility
- B) using the AutoConfig utility
- C) using the AD Controller utility
- D) using the AD Administration utility
67.Your system crashes while running an Application DBA (AD) utility. Which are the corrective actions you perform to synchronize the utility status and system status before restarting the utility? (Choose all that apply.)
- A) Start the AD patch.
- B) Start AD Controller.
- C) Tell the worker to quit.
- D) Tell the worker to restart a failed job.
- E) Tell the manager that a worker failed its job.
68.Identify two ways in which you validate the APPS schema in the Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite setup. (Choose two.)
- A) Run the /appsutil/scripts//advrfapp.sh script.
- B) Run the AD Administration utility in noninteractive mode with the default file having menu_option=VALIDATE_APPS.
- C) Run the AD Administration utility in interactive mode, and then select Compile/Reload Applications Database Entities menu > Compile APPS Schema option.
- D) Use SQL*PLUS / @$AD_TOP/admin/sql/advrfapp.sql .
69.Identify the patch that you apply to upgrade the Oracle Applications system from the 11.5.5 version to the 11.5.10 version.
- A) diagnostic patch
- B) stand-alone patch
- C) maintenance pack
- D) product family release update pack
70.Which command can be used only with a single-node installation?
- A) rapidwiz -restart
- B) rapidwiz -techstack
- C) rapidwiz -servername
- D) rapidwiz -silent -config
71.During the AutoUpgrade process, a worker process fails to complete the assigned job, and updates the status as failed.The Review worker status window of AD Controller also shows that the worker status is failed. The log file shows that one of the tables that needs to be updated is locked, and the worker is waiting for the lock to be released and timed out. If the job is deferred after the worker fails, what do you do next?
- A) Resolve the error and restart the failed job.
- B) Review the worker log file and resolve the error.
- C) Restart the failed job and verify the worker status.
- D) No immediate action is required unless the job fails again.
72.Which three statements about the Applications Context file are true? (Choose three.)
- A) It is a system configuration file.
- B) It must be edited manually using a text editor.
- C) It is stored in an Oracle Applications Manager (OAM) schema.
- D) It can be downloaded from Oracle Applications Manager (OAM).
- E) It is created by Rapid Install using AutoConfig during installation and upgrade.
- F) It stores all information required to configure an Oracle Applications instance.
73.As part of the cloning process, the Applications DBA needs to copy the application tier file system to the target system. Which step is NOT a part of this process?
- A) Shut down the application tier server processes.
- B) Log on to the target system application tier nodes as the oracle user.
- C) Copy the APPL_TOP directory from the source node to the target node.
- D) Copy the directory from the source node to the target node.
- E) Copy the directory from the source node to the target node.
- F) Copy the directory from the source node to the target node.
- G) Copy the <806 ORACLE_HOME> directory from the source node to the target node.
74.Which Application DBA (AD) utility do you use to monitor the progress of a worker in the Oracle Applications Release 12 environment?
- A) AD Splicer utility
- B) AD Controller utility
- C) AD AutoPatch utility
- D) AD Administration utility
75.You want to apply a patch on your Oracle Applications system. Before doing this, you want to view the files that are new, changed, and ignored while applying the patch.Which feature of the Patch Wizard would help you accomplish this?
- A) Patch Filters
- B) Patch Impact Analysis
- C) Recommended Patches
- D) Patch Information Bundle
76.Identify four scenarios in the Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite environment in which you would need to run AutoConfig. (Choose four.)
- A) after relinking product libraries
- B) after restoring a previous configuration
- C) after registering products and languages
- D) after using AD Splicer to add a product to the existing stack
- E) after adding a new variable to the existing context parameters
- F) after using the Oracle Applications Manager (OAM) shopping cart
78.You installed Oracle Applications Release 12 as a multi-node system where every node has a separate APPL_TOP. Consider the following configuration:Node 1 hosts Forms server and Web server.Node 2 hosts batch processing services and database server.As per the above configuration, which values will you find in the Applications Context file of Node 1? (Choose all that apply.)
- A) s_isAdWeb = Yes
- B) s_isAdConc = Yes
- C) s_isAdAdmin = No
- D) s_isAdForms = Yes
- E) s_isAdAdmin = Yes
79.Which table is used by AutoPatch as a staging area for the job information in parallel mode and needs to be dropped to start a new autopatch session if the earlier session failed?
80.What are the three benefits of having the APPS schema in the Oracle Applications R12 database?(Choose three.)
- A)By using the APPS schema, the effect of inefficient ad hoc queries is limited.
- B) By eliminating the need for cross-product grants and synonyms, the APPS schema improves reliability.
- C) The APPS schema helps to ensure that the highest-priority business activities always have sufficient resources.
- D) By using one APPS schema that can access all Oracle Applications objects, cross-product dependencies are eliminated.
- E) By eliminating the need for cross-product grants and synonyms, the APPS schema reduces the time needed for installation, upgrade, and patching.
81.Which three reports can you get by using the License Manager Web utility? (Choose three.)
- A.languages report
- B.applied product patches report
- C.country-specific functionalities report
- D.licensing terms and conditions report
- E.licensed products/shared products report
82.Which patch establishes the compatibility of the current version of Oracle Applications with the newer version of the database or technology stack component?
- C.new feature
83.You are applying a patch on the database tier. You run AutoConfig as a post installation task of the patch. But the AutoConfig script exits with nonzero status. What should be your first action to resolve the problem?
- A.Restart the patch.
- B.Restart AutoConfig.
- C.Check /admin/log//adconfig.log for the reported error.
- D.Check /appsutil/log///adconfig.log for the reported error.
84.Which statement correctly describes the purpose of the generate driver of a patch?
- A.The generate driver performs database updates.
- B.The generate driver generates forms, reports, and/or message files.
- C.The generate driver copies new files from the patch directory to the product directory.
- D.The generate driver relinks dependent Oracle Applications executables with the Oracle server.
85.How do you restore an older configuration (a configuration that is older than that immediately prior to the current one) in the Oracle Applications R12 environment?
- A.Use the restore.sh rollback script and run the AutoConfig script to generate new configuration files.
- B.Use the Support Cart feature in Oracle Applications Manager (OAM) and run the AutoConfig script to generate new configuration files.
- C.Use the Context Editor Wizard from the command line and run the AutoConfig utility manually from /bin.
- D.Use OAM AutoConfig to compare and replace individual values in the current configuration with the corresponding values from the older configuration, and save them. Then run the adautocfg.sh script.
86.What are the different AutoConfig scripts? (Choose three.)
87.As an Applications database administrator (DBA), you have the task of updating the level of Accounts Payable. Oracle recommends applying the patch number 123456. Which program should you use to update the Accounts Payable level?
88.Which piece of information is captured as part of the Patch Impact Analysis of a particular patch?
- A.prerequisite patches that can be merged and applied
- B.objects that would be rendered invalid after applying the patch
- C.objects that would be dropped from the database during patch application
- D.prerequisite patches required by the patch along with the readme of each patch
89.What are the three benefits of the Applications Context file? (Choose three.)
- A.It enables you to synchronize multiple nodes.
- B.It avoids the need for repeated configuration information.
- C.The database environment is readily described in a single file.
- D.Configuration information is represented in a platform-dependent format.
- E.It supports shared APPL_TOP (single APPL_TOP distributed to multiple machines).
90.You run a report that generates output in PDF format. The report completes with the error “REP-3000: Internal error starting Oracle Toolkit.” How will you resolve this?
- A.Set up the DISPLAY environment variable in .profile of the database user.
- B.Set up the DISPLAY environment variable in .profile of the application user.
- C.No DISPLAY settings are required. Bouncing the services under APPSTier will fix the issue.
- D.Set up the DISPLAY environment variable in adovars.env to point to an active X Windows.
- E.Set up the DISPLAY environment variable in $CONTEXT_FILE of the database tier to point to an active X Windows, and then run AutoConfig.
- F.Set up the DISPLAY environment variable in $CONTEXT_FILE of the application tier to point to an active X Windows, and then run AutoConfig.
91.There are many components of a patch. Which four are drivers? (Choose four.)
92.Which task is performed by AutoPatch while applying a patch?
- A.AutoPatch would relink executables in 10.1.3 ORACLE_HOME.
- B.AutoPatch would relink executables in 10.1.2 ORACLE_HOME.
- C.AutoPatch disables maintenance mode after applying the patch.
- D.AutoPatch uploads patch history information to the database (if needed).
- E.AutoPatch restarts the application server processes after applying the patch.
93.What is true about editing and saving the .xml file by using the Oracle Applications Manager (OAM) Web page?
- A.The Context file is edited and saved only to the file system. AutoConfig picks up the changes whenever it runs next after the update.
- B.AutoConfig automatically starts and picks up the changes and propagates them when the Context file is saved on the OAM Web page.
- C.After changes made to the Context file are saved on the OAM Web page, you must log out and log in again to OAM to apply and propagate the changes.
- D.When you make changes to the Context file on the OAM Web page and save the file, the changes are stored in the OAM database and the Context file is updated.
94.A customer encountered some bugs in Oracle Accounts Payable and has learned that bug fixes are available. The best approach is to look for a _____.
- C.family pack
- D.maintenance pack
95.Identify four configuration utilities. (Choose four.)
- A.AD Relink
- B.AD Splicer
- D.License Manager
- E.AD Check Digest
- F.File Character Set Converter
96.You have a multi-node installation with Forms services and Batch Processing services configured on separate nodes. You attempt to update the Context variable on the batch processing node although Oracle Applications Manager (OAM) fails. What should you do to resolve the problem? (Choose two.)
- A.Check whether the Web service is up on Forms services.
- B.Check whether the Forms service is up on the middle tier.
- C.Check whether the listener service is up on Forms services.
- D.Check whether the batch processing service is up on the middle tier.
- E.Enable the TNS listener service in the Application’s Context file and run AutoConfig.
97.Tim has a two-node configuration of Oracle Applications. The configuration of the system is such that the database server, concurrent processing server, and the reports server reside on node 1, whereas the Web server and the Forms server reside on node 2. As an Applications DBA, he is required to patch the Oracle Applications system to fix a bug. To save time, Tim decides to apply the patch on both the nodes simultaneously.Identify the step that he can perform on both the nodes simultaneously as part of the AutoPatch session.
- A.Run copy driver on nodes 1 and 2.
- B.Run generate driver on nodes 1 and 2.
- C.Run database driver on nodes 1 and 2.
- D.Run copy driver on node 1 and database driver on node 2.
- E.Run database driver on node 1 and copy driver on node 2.
98.Which are the two most common types of installations and node types? (Choose two.)
- A.development environment – multi-node
- B.high-volume transaction environment – multi-node
- C.demonstration environment – multi-node
- D.training environment – single node
- E.moderate hardware and a large set of users – single node
99.You have to patch an Oracle Applications environment configured on a UNIX node. To start an AutoPatch session, you log in to the application-tier server node as the applications file system owner. You enter adpatch at the command prompt and get the following error: “-bash: adpatch: command not found” On closer observation, you find that the applications environment is not set. Which file would you run to set the Oracle Applications environment?
100.Which three statements are true? (Choose three.)
- A.Express installation can be used with multi-node installation.
- B.Multi-node installation provides a highly scalable environment.
- C.Shared APPL_TOP is applicable only with multi-node installation.
- D.The load balancing setup window appears during the multi-node installation process.
- E.The rapidwiz -servername command can be used during multi-node installation.
101.The Applications Context file has been accidentally deleted and was also lost accidentally. How do you restore the Applications Context file?
- A.Execute $ perl /clone/bin/adclonectx.pl retrieve on the application tier.
- B.Execute $ perl /clone/bin/adclonectx.pl retrieve on the application tier.
- C.Execute $ perl /appsutil/clone/bin/adclonectx.pl retrieve on the database tier.
- D.Execute $ perl /appsutil/clone/bin/adclonectx.pl retrieve on the application tier.
102.Identify the situations in which you would select a multi-node installation. (Choose all that apply.)
- A.Data security is a concern and the application serves users on the Internet.
- B.The number of concurrent requests may use up to 80% of the CPU on an all-time basis.
- C.The information technology (IT) team is setting up a system to show users a specific functionality usage.
- D.The CIO received a request from the users for an environment where the users can perform small test runs.
103.Which statements about AutoConfig are true? (Choose all that apply.)
- A.AutoConfig reads the Context file and updates configuration files.
- B.AutoConfig checks for the availability of ports during port changes.
- C.AutoConfig updates the database with the values for the Context file.
- D.AutoConfig creates a new Context file when if finds a missing xml file.
- E.AutoConfig is a tool that centralizes and simplifies Oracle Applications configuration management.
104.Oracle Applications are showing bugs in many products. You should look for a _____.
- A.mega patch
- B.merged patch
- C.diagnostic patch
- D.maintenance patch
105.What happens if you run the /admin/scripts/adautocfg.sh script?
- A.It runs AutoConfig in test mode.
- B.It rolls back the previous AutoConfig session.
- C.It creates the cfgcheck.html configuration report.
- D.It updates configuration and profiles on the database tier.
- E.It updates configuration and profiles on the applications tier and database tables.
106.Your Oracle Applications system, which is configured across three nodes, is reporting a problem. The solution is to apply patch # 456789. The system is configured such that node 1 houses the database server, node 2 houses the concurrent processing server, and node 3 hosts the Web and the Forms servers.Identify the nodes on which you would run an adpatch session to apply the patch.
- A.nodes 1 and 3
- B.nodes 1 and 2
- C.nodes 2 and 3
- D.nodes 1, 2, and 3
107.Where can you find the scripts for rolling back an AutoConfig session?
108.Sam has to apply a patch on his Oracle Applications system. He has already brought down the services on the application tier. The database tier and the database listener are up and running. He goes through the readme of the patch and discovers that three prerequisite patches need to be applied on the system before applying the main patch. Now, Sam needs to check if these prerequisite patches have already been applied to the system, so he decides to extract this information from the database. Identify the tables that would help him in extracting the above information from the database. (Choose all that apply.)
109.Which can be patched using the AutoPatch utility? (Choose all that apply.)
- A.Oracle Database
- B.Oracle Applications
- C.Oracle Application Server
- D.Oracle Development Tools
110.Where can you find the AutoConfig log files in the application tier and database tier? (Choose two.)
111.Which statement is true regarding AutoPatch in the Oracle Applications Release 12 environment?
- A.AutoPatch is platform-independent.
- B.There is a limit to the number of times AutoPatch can be restarted.
- C.If language translation patches need to be applied in addition to the patch you are applying, AutoPatch notifies you.
- D.If all the prerequisite patches have not been applied, AutoPatch lists the missing prerequisites and continues with applying the current patch.
- E.AutoPatch replaces the files in the product directory with the files in the patch directory in case the latter have the same version as the former.
112.As an Applications DBA, you have been asked to apply a patch that updates the Applications Context file and runs AutoConfig. The application does not work properly with the new, updated application environment. What should you do to roll back an AutoConfig session?
- A.Use the restore.sh script which is located at /admin/out/.
- B.Use the restore.sh script which is located at /admin/log/.
- C.Use the rollback.sh script which is located at /admin/log/.
- D.Use the rollback.sh script which is located at /admin/out/.
113.Which three statements are true about AutoConfig? (Choose three.)
- A.AutoConfig moves files and directories as needed.
- B.AutoConfig removes the need to make manual updates to configuration files.
- C.AutoConfig updates domain name server (DNS)-entries and checks port numbers.
- D.The AutoConfig script uses template files to determine the basic settings that are needed.
- E.The AutoConfig script uses information from the Context file to generate all applications’ configuration files and to update database profiles.
114.Which two Oracle Applications Release 12 services should be up for running AutoConfig successfully? (Choose two.)
- A.Web server
- B.Forms server
- C.Web listener
- D.Database server
- E.Database listener
115.What is the best method to edit the .xml file?
- A.After changes are made to the Context file through the OAM Web page, you must log in to OAM again for the changes to take effect.
- B.When you make changes to the Context file using a text editor and save the file, AutoConfig picks up the changes whenever it runs next after the update.
- C.When you make changes to the Context file on the OAM Web page and save the file, the changes are stored in the OAM database and the Context file gets updated.
- D.AutoConfig automatically starts and picks up the changes and propagates them when the Context file gets saved on the Oracle Applications Manager (OAM) Web page.
116.You have done a single-node installation of Oracle Applications R12 on node 1. Because of some resource issues, you move only DB_ORACLE_HOME(10.2.0.2) and the database (.dbf files) to a new server (node 2). Which statement is correct about uXXXXXX.drv being applied to node 1 and node 2?
- A.uXXXXXX.drv only on node 2
- B.uXXXXXX.drv only on node 1
- C.uXXXXXX.drv on node 1, and then on node 2
- D.uXXXXXX.drv on node 2, and then on node 1
117.When do you run AutoConfig? (Choose three.)
- A.after the JAR files are generated
- B.when any ADX product patch is applied
- C.when you add data in Oracle Applications Manager (OAM) support cart
- D.when you have made updates to a Context file (via Oracle Applications Manager)
- E.when an Oracle MetaLink note instructs you to run Autoconfig as part of an upgrade, migration, cloning, and/or configuration process
118.Which operating system username would you use to connect to an Oracle Applications system to run an AutoPatch session?
119.You migrated a database tier to a new host or platform, but the application tier still tries to connect to the old database. How will you fix this problem so that the application tier connects to the new database? (Choose two.)
- A.Run AutoConfig on the database tier followed by all application tiers.
- B.Reset the s_dbsid, s_dbhost, and s_dbport Context variables in the context file for the application tier.
- C.Reset the s_apps_jdbc_connect_descriptor Context variable in the context file for the application tier to an empty string.
- D.Execute the $ perl /bin/adgentns.pl appspass= contextfile= -removesystem command.
120.As the Applications DBA, you are tasked to apply a patch and use the adpatch utility in the command line. Only the database driver should be applied. Choose the correct adpatch command-line syntax.
- A.adpatch options=applydatabaseportion
- B.adpatch option=nocopyportion, nogenerateportion
- C.adpatch OPTIONS=NOCOPYPORTION,NOGENERATEPORTION
- D.adpatch options=nocopyportion,nogenerateportion
- E.adpatch option=nodatabaseportion,nocopyportion,nogenerateportion
121.AutoPatch is _____.
- A.applied automatically
- B.a utility used to apply a patch
- C.a patch applied as a side effect of another patch
122.Where is the AutoPatch executable located in Oracle Applications R12?
123.Identify the correct statement regarding the AutoPatch utility in R12.
- A.AutoPatch does not verify the APPL_TOP name.
- B.AutoPatch prompts the user for the SYSTEM and APPS passwords.
- C.AutoPatch does not verify if the system is in maintenance mode or not.
- D.AutoPatch does not verify whether the concurrent programs are installed in the current APPL_TOP.
- E.AutoPatch does not verify whether it is pointing to the correct database and Applications technology stack.
124.In Oracle Applications Release 12, you want to set up your X Display. After changing the value of the DISPLAY variable in the Context files of the database and application tiers, which adautocfg.sh files do you execute for these changes to take effect? (Choose two.)
124.Which executable is used by Oracle Applications to invoke an AutoPatch session?
125.Identify five required post-installation tasks for Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite. (Choose five.)
- A.Set up a stage directory.
- B.Configure the client software.
- C.Review security practices.
- D.Install the latest Java Development Kit.
- E.Update the log and out PL/SQL directories.
- F.Configure database initialization parameters.
- G.Implement product- and country-specific functionalities.
126.The Cumulative Update 2 (CU2) patch was applied to the test environment. The patch took a few hours to apply. The Applications DBA was assigned the task of investigating the changes made by the CU2 patch. The investigation would involve a comparison of the prepatched development environment and the patched test environment. Which tool should the Applications DBA use?
- A.Oracle Enterprise Manager
- B.Oracle Applications Manager
- C.Oracle Discoverer reporting tool
- D.Oracle Applications concurrent request (System Administrator) reports
127.Which three statements are correct regarding cloning using the Rapid Clone utility? (Choose three.)
- A.It is mandatory to run postclone steps first on database tier, and then on the application tier.
- B.There is no need to run preclone steps on each node in a multi-node environment.
- C.It is mandatory to apply the latest Rapid Clone patch before copying source file to Target.
- D.After applying the latest Rapid Clone patch, it is mandatory to run AutoConfig on the application tier.
- E.Always run the preclone steps if any database structural changes were made to the system since the last precloning activity.
128.As part of the cloning process, the Applications DBA needs to copy the database tier file system to the target system. Which step is NOT a part of this cloning process?
- A.Perform a normal shutdown of the source system database.
- B.Copy the database files from the source to the target system.
- C.Log on to the source system application tier nodes as the oracle user.
- D.Copy the source 10.1.2 and RDBMS Oracle home directory to the target system.
129.Instead of using the browser’s Java Virtual Machine (JVM), Oracle Applications Release 12 uses a plug-in to access forms. Identify the plug-in used.
- A.Java applet
- B.Oracle JInitiator
- C.Sun J2SE Native Plug-in
- D.Oracle J2SE Native Plug-in
130.The connection between the client and Oracle Applications R12 E-Business Suite forms is provided through _____.
- C.An applet
- D.Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
131.The Applications DBA needs to clone the Production system. Examine the list of steps that the Applications DBA is considering.
- Run AutoConfig on the application tier.
- Set up Rapid Clone on the database tier.
- Prepare the source system.
- Copy the source system to the target system.
- Configure the target system.
Which step is NOT a part of the cloning process?
- A.step 1
- B.step 2
- C.step 3
- D.step 4
- E.step 5
132.In Oracle Applications Release 12, what are the components used in Oracle Application Framework? (Choose three.)
- A.Web Listener
- B.Servlet Engine
- C.Metadata UI Definition
- D.Business Components for Java (BC4J)
- E.Application Object Library Java (AOL/J)
133.The concurrent manager log and output files are consolidated into a single directory across all products. Which environment variable identifies the top-level directory?
134.Users are not able to view the output and the log file of the concurrent request after completion. There were no changes in the configuration of Oracle Applications. There were no patches applied. It was determined that not all application tier processes ran successfully. There was status 1 in one of the scripts. Which action should you take?
- A.Restart the Web server.
- B.Restart the Forms server.
- C.Restart the Report server.
- D.Restart the Fulfillment server.
- E.Restart the TCF Socket server.
- F.Restart the concurrent managers.
- G.Restart the Applications RPC listener.
135.Your Oracle Applications installation is configured on a Windows operating system. As the Applications DBA, you need to run the adadmin utility to carry out certain maintenance tasks on the system. Identify the steps you need to perform and their correct sequence to complete the task mentioned above.
- Log in to the application tier node as the owner of the database file system.
- Log in to the application tier node as the owner of the applications file system.
- Run %APPL_TOP%\APPS.cmd.
- Run %APPL_TOP%\envshell.cmd.
- Run the adadmin utility in the window in step 3.
- Run the adadmin utility from the window created in step 4.
136.Identify the script that is used to control the Forms server process in socket mode.
137.How many ORACLE_HOMEs does Oracle Applications Release 12 have?
138.Which three statements are correct? (Choose three.)
- A.adcfgclone.pl must successfully finish on the database tier first.
- B.adcfgclone.pl must successfully finish on the application tier first .
- C.The apps password is required to run adcfgclone.pl on the application tier.
- D.The port pool information is required for running adcfgclone.pl on the database tier.
- E.The system database user password is required to run adcfgclone.pl on the application tier.
- F.adcfgclone.pl can be run in any sequence. It can be run on the database tier first or on the application tier first.
139.What is the version of the Java Oracle home in Oracle Applications Release 12?
140.As the system administrator, you notice that the concurrent managers are not running. The solution is to run one of the application tier control scripts. Which script should be run?
141.Identify the environmental variable that defines to which ORACLE schema the System Administration responsibility connects.
142.In Oracle Applications R12, the Applications modules (packaged in the formsapp.ear file) are deployed to the OC4JForms instance. Identify the ORACLE_HOME used by this OC4J instance.
143.The adovars.env file specifies the location of different types of files, by using various environment variables. Identify three parameters that are part of this environment file. (Choose three.)
144.Oracle Applications produces temporary PL/SQL output files used in concurrent processing. These files are written to a location on the database server node specified by the APPLPTMP environment setting. What would be the value of APPLPTMP in the environment setting?
- A.the temporary directory used by the operating system
- B.the $COMMON_TOP/temp directory where the common files are located
- C.the last value defined for the UTL_FILE_DIR parameter in the init.ora file
- D.the first value defined for the UTL_FILE_DIR parameter in the init.ora file
- E.the $APPLCSF/out directory where the Applications common output files are located
145.If a particular product’s directory is located on a different disk than other products, how do you find the location of that product’s files?
- A.using the adadmin utility
- B.using the AutoConfig utility
- C.using Oracle Enterprise Manager
- D.using the .env file
146.Which directory structure is created by default when you install the Oracle Applications R12 file system ?
147.What kind of files can be found in the /admin directory?
- A.data merge files used to upgrade seed data
- B.driver files, which control AutoUpgrade processes
- C.product-specific files used by AutoUpgrade to upgrade that product
- D.object-description files used to create tables and other database objects
148.Identify three application-tier technology components used in Oracle Applications Release 12. (Choose three.)
- B.Oracle Developer 10i
- C.Oracle JDeveloper 9i
- D.Application Server 10.1
- E.Oracle HTTP Server/Apache 10.1.3
149.In Oracle Applications R12, where will you find information regarding minimum or required settings for database initialization parameters?
150.To create a new context file in the database tier, the following command is executed:
perl ./bin/adclonectx.pl contextfile=$CONTEXT_FILE
What is the correct format of the new context file created in the current working directory?
151.How many times can AutoPatch be restarted?
- A.unlimited times
- B.no more than 20 times
- C.no more than 50 times
- D.no more than 10 times
- E.as many times as defined in the “Number of Workers”
152.Choose two statements that are correct for AutoPatch running in Test Mode. (Choose two.)
- A.It Relinks any executables.
- B.It does not record patch history.
- C.It reads and validates the patch driver’s file.
- D.It generates any forms, reports, PL/SQL libraries, or menu files.
- E.It copies any files from the patch directory to the installation area.
153.There was an error while applying a patch. The AutoPatch error message indicates that the FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES table already exists. AutoPatch asks if you want to drop the table. Which two steps need to be performed before dropping the table? (Choose two.)
- A.Shut down the concurrent managers process.
- B.The users need to log out of Oracle Applications.
- C.Determine if there are errors in the Patch log files.
- D.Determine if other users are running the AD Merge program.
- E.Check whether a previous patch session did not run to completion.
- F.Determine if AutoPatch or any other AD Utility is running in another session.
- G.The password for the APPS user is invalid. Confirm the password of the APPS user.
154.Which command-line argument is passed to admrgpch to name the merged driver file that is created as a result of merging multiple patches?
155.Which option is required when using the Applied Patches Advanced Search feature in OAM?
- A.Patch ID
- C.Server Type
- D.Applications System Name
- E.Product that owns the patch
- F.Applied From Date and To Date
- G.APPL_TOP where the patches were applied
156.Which statement holds true when AutoPatch is run in test mode?
- A.AutoPatch runs AutoConfig in test mode.
- B.AutoPatch relinks executables in test mode.
- C.AutoPatch runs SQL scripts or any executables in test mode.
- D.AutoPatch generates forms, reports, menus, and PL/SQL libraries in test mode.
157.You are in the midst of applying a patch on an Oracle Applications system when AutoPatch reports that one of the workers failed and that it requires you to fix this error before proceeding. Where would you get detailed information about the cause of the worker’s failure?
158.Which task would you perform as a postautopatch task?
- A.Back up configuration files.
- B.Enable maintenance mode.
- C.Disable maintenance mode.
- D.Bring down application-tier server processes.
159.Applying a patch in Pre-Install mode performs which three actions only? (Choose three.)
- A.generates JAR files
- B.reads product drivers file
- C.relinks all the executables
- D.performs file copy actions
- E.performs version checking
- F.relinks FND and AD executables only
160.When you run an autopatch session, the AutoPatch utility prompts you to mention batchsize to be used for the current session along with a suggested value. What is the significance of batchsize while applying the patch?
- A.batchsize determines the number of parallel workers to be used during the autopatch session.
- B.batchsize determines the number of scripts that would be run in parallel during the autopatch session.
- C.batchsize determines the number of objects that would be compiled in parallel during the autopatch session.
- D.batchsize determines the number of rows that would be committed when certain scripts are run during the autopatch session.
161.Identify the tasks AutoPatch would perform in Pre-Install mode. (Choose all that apply.)
- A.generating files
- B.performing File copy actions
- C.checking versions
- D.reading product driver files
- E.applying maintenance packs
- F.running SQL or EXEC commands
- G.relinking FND and AD executables
162.Which AutoPatch option is used to run a noninteractive autopatch session?
163.Which three types of patches can be merged by using the AD Merge Patch utility? (Choose three.)
- A.AP patches
- B.AD patches
- C.FND patches
- D.all types of patches
- E.patches of different releases
- F.patches of different platforms
- G.generic patches with patches of a specific platform
164.When you choose Search Patches from Oracle Applications Manager Site Map, it defaults to the Applied Patches Simple Search page. What can you do from this Applied Patches “home page”?
- A.Go to Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- B.Go to other OAM functionality by selecting it from the option buttons.
- C.Click the Calendar button to view the patches applied on a specific date.
- D.Click the Family Pack button to view all applied family pack patches.
- E.Click the Advanced Search button to access the Applied Patches Advanced Search page.
165.What are the prerequisites (minimum version) at the operating system level before cloning an environment in Oracle Applications Release 12?
- A.tar version 4.x (Minimum) and zip version 3 (Minimum)
- B.perl version 5.x (Minimum) and zip version 2.3 (Minimum)
- C.gzip version 2.5 (Minimum) and tar version 5.0 (Minimum)
- D.gunzip version 5.x (Minimum) and perl version 5.x (Minimum)
- E.perl version 2.3 (Minimum) , zip version 5.x (Minimum), and gunzip version 5.x (Minimum)
166.Which command needs to be run to add a new node to an existing system?
- A.perl adautocfg.pl
- B.perl adaddnode.pl
- C.perl adcfgclone.pl addnode
- D.perl adcfgclone.pl appsTier
167.Identify the valid component of R12 Oracle Applications Technology Stack.
- B.Oracle JInitiator
- C.Oracle Developer 6i
- D.Oracle JDeveloper 9i
- E.Oracle Containers for Java (OC4J)
168.Which script must be used to start all application services in Oracle Applications R12?
169.Which directory in Oracle Applications R12 contains ORACLE_HOME used for the tools components of the Applications technology stack?
170.You want to run preclone on database tier. You logged in to the database node and realized that the appsutil directory is missing. Identify the command you use to re-create appsutil.zip, so that the appsutil directory can be re-created.
- A.perl /bin/admkdbutil.pl
- B.perl /bin/admkappsutil.pl
- C.perl /appl/bin/admkappsutil.pl
- D.perl /appl/bin/admkappsutil.pl
171.Which two values must be set for changing the temporary directory for log and output files from the PL/SQL concurrent program? (Choose two.)
- A.TMP_DIR variable
- B.APPLPTMP variable
- C.APPLTMP parameter
- D.Utl_file_dir parameter
172.Which Oracle Applications environment file is used to compile and link custom Oracle Forms user exits and concurrent programs with Oracle Applications R12?
173.Identify the default version of database-tier technology used in Oracle Applications Release 12.
- A.Oracle Database 9i
- B.Oracle Database 11g
- C.Oracle Database 10g
- D.Oracle Database 11i
174.Postclone completed successfully both on the database tier and the application tier. All services started normally, but the login page was blank. Which action would you perform to fix this error?
- A.Compile JSPs.
- B.Recompile all fnd forms.
- C.Relink all fnd executables.
- D.Regenerate all message files.
- E.Maintain snapshot information.
175.In Oracle Applications R12 configured on a UNIX operating system, where will you find the various application tier control scripts?
176.The patch 384610 was applied to the test environment successfully. To schedule the patch to be applied to the production environment, the Applications DBA should inform the users of the unavailability of the production environment. Which report can the Applications DBA look at to determine the estimated duration of the task, assuming that the hardware, server load, and applications running on the servers are unchanged?
- A.Timing report
- B.Bug Fixes report
- C.Files Copied report
- D.Action Details report
- E.Patch Details report
- F.Action Summary report
177.The application tier has a dual role in the architecture of Oracle Applications Release 12. Identify the two roles. (Choose two.)
- A.provides the ability to run the database instance
- B.hosts the various servers that process the business logic
- C.manages communication between the desktop tier and the database tier
- D.distributes concurrent managers across multiple nodes in a cluster environment, spreading concurrent processing across available nodes
- E.contains the Oracle data server files and Oracle Applications database executables that physically store the tables, indexes, and other database objects for the system
177.Which four statements are true about the Rapid Clone utility? (Choose four.)
- A.It removes components of the file system.
- B.It does not remove any components of the file system.
- C.It can be used to migrate an existing system to a new server.
- D.It reimplements the saved configuration on the target system.
- E.It is applied in Normal mode to all APPL_TOPs on the source system.
- F.It preserves the Oracle Applications configuration information that is specific to the target system.
178.All services of Oracle Applications R12 (application tier and database tier) are down. On which tier would the preclone finish successfully?
- A.none of the tiers
- B.database tier only
- C.application tier only
- D.both application and database tiers
179.A patch was applied successfully last night to the Oracle Applications environment to fix a bug. To check the bug fix, the Applications DBA accessed the “Bug Fixes Report.” There are 1,000 files displayed in the report. The intended file for the bug fix does not appear. What should the Applications DBA do next?
- A.Access the Timing report.
- B.Check readme.txt for postinstallation steps.
- C.Start the Oracle Application Manager (OAM) process.
- D.Use the filter to reduce the number of files in the report.
- E.Reapply the patch on the Oracle Applications environment.
179.You decide to bring up the database manually while cloning Oracle E-Business Suite R12. Identify the options of adcfgclone.pl that you would choose to successfully complete the clone on the database tier.
- A.adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack only
- B.adcfgclone.pl databaseTechStack only
- C.adcfgclone.pl database and adcfgclone.pl dbconfig .xml
- D.adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack and adcfgclone.pl dbconfig .xml
180.Which two statements are correct about multi-node cloning using Rapid Clone (adcfgclone.pl) for Oracle Applications R12? (Choose two.)
- A.Rapid Clone cannot be used for cloning if the source system is using a shared file system.
- B.Post clone must be run first on the application tier node and then on the database node .
- C.Rapid Clone can be used where the source system or the target system is a multi-node system.
- D.Rapid Clone cannot be used for cloning if the source is using Parallel Concurrent Processing (PCP).
- E.One copy of the applications node files must be copied to the target system, regardless of whether a shared file system is being used on the source or the target system.
181.You have to perform a two-node installation of Oracle Applications Release 12. The configuration should be the following: Application Database and Concurrent Processing should be deployed on Server A, and Web and Forms services should be deployed on Server B. Which services should you install on the respective nodes? (Choose two.)
- A.Web Entry Point Services on Server B
- B.Batch Processing Services on Server A
- C.Batch Processing Services and Other Service Group on Server A
- D.Root Services, Batch Processing Services, and Other Service Group on Server A
- E.Root Services, Web Entry Point Services, and Web Application Services on Server B
182.Your Oracle Applications system is reporting some problem and the solution is to apply a patch. Before applying the patch, you want to check the effects this new patch would have on your system. Which command would help you achieve this?
- B.adpatch test=y
- C.adpatch apply=n
- D.adpatch preinstall=y
183.Users are encountering issues on Oracle Applications. Though they are able to log in and view their responsibilities, there are no navigable forms for the responsibilities. They see the following error message: “There are no valid Navigations for this responsibility.” There was a patch applied on the Oracle Applications environment before starting the server processes. The Applications DBA stopped all the server processes. What should you do to solve the error, before starting the server processes?
- A.Enable Maintenance mode.
- B.Disable Maintenance mode.
- C.Regenerate the menus using adadmin.
- D.Start the database tier listener process.
- E.Run the AD Administration utility and generate the forms.
184.Your patch was applied and finished without encountering any error during the process. Which is NOT a correct part of the postpatch process?
- A.updating the MLS
- B.removing any obsolete files
- C.restarting all server processes
- D.cleaning up the log, restarting and out directories
- E.pinning packages and sequences in the System Global Area
- F.performing any manual steps on the basis of readme.txt of the patch
- G.using the Change Maintenance Mode option of AD Administration to enable maintenance mode
185.According to readme.txt of the patch, the APPS schema must be recompiled and the AR forms must be regenerated after the patch is applied successfully. There would be several invalid objects in the database. Which is the correct step?
- A.Run the AutoPatch and choose the generate driver only in line mode.
- B.Run SQL*Plus as the APPS user. Recompile the invalid objects and generate the forms.
- C.Run the AD Administration. Recompile the APPS schema and regenerate the AR Forms executables.
- D.Log in to Oracle Applications and submit a concurrent request to recompile the APPS schema. Submit another concurrent request to regenerate the Forms executables.
186.Which two statements are correct about Rapid Clone? (Choose two.)
- A.Rapid Clone does not take care of oraInventory.
- B.Rapid Clone updates only site-level profile options.
- C.Rapid Clone itself does not start the application services automatically on the node.
- D.Rapid Clone automatically creates a control file and brings up the database on the database tier.
- E.Rapid Clone does not configure the source application printer configuration in the target system.
187.What does the /resource directory contain in Oracle Applications?
- A.product-specific GIF files
- B..pll files used by Oracle Reports
- C..pll and .plx files used by Oracle Forms
- D.SQL scripts used by Oracle Applications products at run time
188.Identify three modes in which AutoPatch can be run, in addition to the normal patch application mode. (Choose three.)
- B.Test mode
- C.Pre-install mode
- D.Non-interactive operation
- E.Patch Impact Analysis Mode
189.Oracle Workflow provides infrastructure for the enterprise wide communication of data. This data is related to defined business events, providing capabilities needed to _____. (Choose three.)
- A.manage concurrent processing
- B.streamline and automate transaction flows
- C.notify users about specific database exceptions
- D.support standard and personalized business rules
- E.deliver notification emails to any Oracle Applications or Internet user
190.You need to apply patches to the production environment. Applying the patches on the test environment was successful. When you applied the patches to the production environment, the patches finished without any errors during the process. However, patch changes were not applied and the patch histories were not changed. What could be the cause of this situation?
- A.The production database is down.
- B.The AutoPatch version is incorrect.
- C.The table for the patch history is full.
- D.The patch was applied in Test mode.
- E.The patch was applied in Normal mode.
191.A company has implemented Oracle Applications Release 12. It wants to configure a system that sends emails to key database administrators (DBAs) when a tablespace in the Oracle Applications database does not have adequate free space. Identify which component in the Oracle Applications technology layer performs this task.
- A.Oracle Alert
- B.Oracle Workflow
- C.Oracle E-mail Notification
- D.Oracle Applications Framework
192.Identify three features that INST_TOP supports. (Choose three.)
- A.read-only file systems
- B.centralization of log files
- C.centralization of all JSP files
- D.centralization of data files and control files
- E.centralization of application and database server control scripts
- F.sharing of APPL_TOP and technology stack among multiple instances
193.Which statement regarding the Oracle Applications R12 technology stack is correct?
- A.The frmweb executable is invoked from the 10.1.2 ORACLE_HOME.
- B.JServ is one of the components of the Oracle Applications R12 technology stack.
- C.The Applications modules (packaged in the formsapp.ear file) are deployed in the OC4J Forms instance running in the 10.1.2 ORACLE_HOME.
- D.The Application Server 10.1.3 ORACLE_HOME replaces the 8.0.6 ORACLE_HOME provided by Oracle9i Application Server 22.214.171.124.2 in Release 11i.
- E.The Application Server 10.1.2 ORACLE_HOME replaces the 8.1.7-based ORACLE_HOME provided by Oracle9i Application Server 126.96.36.199.2 in Release 11i.
194.You try to run adpatch and adadmin, but it fails with the following error:” Your current Applications top directory does not match that of the configuration file. Please check that your environment is correct.” Which configuration file should you change to fix this issue?
195.The Application Utilities (AU_TOP) directory contains _____.
- A.a consolidated set of all product files
- B.utilities such as AutoUpgrade and AutoPatch
- C.files and scripts used by AutoUpgrade during upgrade
- D.consolidated logs and output directories used by concurrent processing
196.What is the primary purpose of the APPL_TOP directory?
- A.to store metrics server process scripts
- B.to store HTTP server administration and maintenance files
- C.to store files to run and maintain the Oracle Applications database
- D.to identify the top-level directory for the Oracle Applications installation
197.R12 Rapid Install sets the APPL_TOP directory value to _____.
198.Identify the three common subdirectories of the APPL_TOP directory of the Oracle Applications file system. (Choose three.)
199.In Oracle Applications R12, to which directory does the $OA_HTML environment variable point?
200.Identify four statements that correctly describe a schema. (Choose four.)
- A.A schema is a named collection of database objects.
- B.The database user and the schema never have the same name.
- C.A schema can allow another schema to use its objects by granting access.
- D.There is no one-to-one relationship between schemas and users in a database.
- E.An Oracle Application product’s database objects are divided between the product schema and the APPS schema.
- F.The concept of a database schema is directly tied to the concept of a database user, or a grant from the schema owner.
201.Which three statements are true about the APPL_TOP directory? (Choose three.)
- A.Rapid Install installs a new APPL_TOP directory when you upgrade.
- B.A directory for a product exists under APPL_TOP only if the product is licensed.
- C.Multiple releases and product versions can be installed under a single APPL_TOP directory.
- D.A directory for each product, licensed or not, is installed under the APPL_TOP directory during installation.
- E.Each APPL_TOP directory is associated with a single Oracle Applications database on the Oracle Database server.
202.In Oracle Applications R12, which environment variable specifies the location of the Java zip files?
203.Identify the environment variable that points to the $COMMON_TOP/java directory in Oracle Applications R12.
204.Which three are the correct definitions of the objects in the Oracle Applications database? (Choose three.)
- A.Hybrid objects contain materialized view objects, and store and process data.
- B.Code objects contain index, PL/SQL package, and Java-stored procedure objects.
- C.Data objects contain table, index, and sequence and index-organized table objects.
- D.Hybrid objects contain PL/SQL package and Java-stored procedure, and process data objects.
- E.Code objects contain trigger, PL/SQL package, Java-stored procedure, synonym, and view objects.
205.Identify two reasons why all code objects (synonyms, views, triggers, and packages) for all products reside in the APPS schema. (Choose two.)
- A.to facilitate central privilege access
- B.to separate functional code from the product data tables
- C.to allow safer patching conditions because they do not impact product data tables
- D.to connect users to the APPS schema; if they are connected directly to product schemas such as INV, they would not have access to objects such as multiorganization views
206.Which four statements are true with respect to the APPS schema? (Choose four.)
- A.It has synonyms to all base product tables and sequences.
- B.Each product’s schema grants full privileges to the APPS schema.
- C.It contains only its own data objects (tables, sequences, and indexes).
- D.It is the only schema that has universal access to Oracle Applications.
- E.Run-time usage of Oracle Applications is through the APPS schema only.
- F.Data objects for the Applications technology-layer products (FND, AD, and so on) are stored under the APPS schema.
207.You run the adadmin utility to generate message files. It completes with errors. Where will you find the log file (adadmin.log)?
- D.$AD_TOP//log, where is the value of your ORACLE_SID or TWO_TASK variable (UNIX) or LOCAL variable (Windows)
- E.$APPL_TOP/admin//log, where is the value of your ORACLE_SID or TWO_TASK variable (UNIX) or LOCAL variable (Windows)
208.Identify the formula based on which AD utilities provide the default number of workers.
- A.2 * (the number of CPUs on the database server)
- B.2 + (the number of CPUs on the database server)
- C.2 * ( the parallel_max_servers initSID.ora parameter in the database)
- D.2 + (the parallel_max_servers initSID.ora parameter in the database)
209.Which database user is the owner of FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES and AD_DEFERRED_JOBS tables?
210.Parallel processing is controlled by job managers. Choose the correct sequence of actions performed by these job managers.
1) Start the workers and assigns tasks.
2) Tell the workers to shut down.
3) Drop the FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES table.
4) Poll the FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES table, looking for updates from the workers.
5) Update each row with the next task in the list and leave messages for the worker.
6) Update the FND_INSTALL_PROCESSES table with a subset of the list of jobs; one job per worker.
211.The database server process scripts are created by Rapid Install. In which two processes would you use these scripts? (Choose two.)
- A.Starting the database
- B.Stopping the database listener
- C.Starting the APPS_SID listener
- D.Starting the concurrent manager
- E.Stopping the conflict resolution manager
212.When you execute adutconf.sql as the apps database user, it creates a file called adutconf.lst. Identify the configuration information that will be captured in adutconf.lst. (Choose four.)
- A.Product installation status
- B.Rollback segment information
- C.Version of Oracle Applications
- D.Status of Multiorg enabled or not
- E.Location and size of database data files
- F.Versions of all ORACLE_HOMEs used by Oracle Applications R12
213.In an Oracle Applications R12 environment, worker restart files are used to continue processing from the point where it stopped. Where can you locate these files?
214.Identify which three statements are true about restart files. (Choose three.)
- A.Each worker has a restart file called adworkxxx.rf9.
- B.All workers have one restart file called adwork.rf9.
- C.By default, AD utilities delete their restart files when processing completes, but leave no backup versions.
- D.The worker creates the restart file when the manager assigns it a job and deletes the restart file when it finishes the job.
- E.By default, AD utilities delete their restart files when processing completes, but leave backup versions with the .bak, .bk2, or .bk3 extensions.
- F.Restart files are stored in $APPL_TOP/admin//restart or in %APPL_TOP%\admin\ \restart on Windows.
215.Which three statements are true? (Choose three.)
- A.applterr.txt contains custom error messages.
- B.adlinkbk.txt lists files that the AD Relink utility should back up, rather than delete.
- C.adconfig.txt contains environment information about all ports used by Oracle E-Business Suite R12.
- D.applprod.txt is a product description file, which is used to identify all products and product dependencies.
- E.adalldefaults.txt is a template defaults file that contains entries for all defaults-enabled prompts in the AD utilities for Oracle E-Business Suite R12.
216.Which two statements are true about the APPS schema? (Choose two.)
- A.The APPS schema owns all code objects.
- B.The APPS schema owns all the products’ data objects.
- C.The APPS schema has synonyms for all base tables and sequences.
- D.The APPS schema owns the technology-layer (FND, AD, and so on) data.
217.What are the four benefits of using shared APPL_TOP? (Choose four.)
- A.Disk space requirements are greatly reduced.
- B.Administrative tasks need to be carried out only once, on any node.
- C.There is an increased performance for larger workloads and growing user population.
- D.All active instances can concurrently execute transactions against a shared database.
- E.It provides extensible system architecture; machines can be easily added to an existing system.
- F.By enabling the use of distributed AD, it improves the efficiency of patch application, thereby reducing the down time.
218.Which statement is true for Oracle Applications Release 12?
- A.You need to set $ORACLE_HOME 8.0.6 when adadmin has to be run.
- B.You need to set $ORACLE_HOME 8.1.7 when adadmin has to be run.
- C.You need to set $ORACLE_HOME 10.1.2 when adadmin has to be run.
- D.You need to set $ORACLE_HOME 10.1.3 when adadmin has to be run.
- E.You need to set $ORACLE_HOME 10.2.0.2 when adadmin has to be run.
219.What is contained in the FND_APPLICATION_TL table found in the Oracle Applications R12 database?
- A.table list of all Oracle Application Object Library (AOL) objects
- B.transaction-load statistics of Application Object Library usage
- C.trigger logic for all Application Object Library (AOL)-related tables
- D.language-translated information about all applications registered with Application Object Library
220.The database system identifier (SID) name of the installed Oracle Applications R12 database is
The listener name is “devlisnr.”
The port is 1534.
Which command can be used to start the database listener?
- A.lsnrctl start 1534
- B.addbctl.sh start devlisnr
- C.addlnctl.sh start devlisnr
- D.addlnctl.sh start prod 1534
221.What are the three benefits of the Oracle Applications Tablespace Model? (Choose three.)
- A.takes advantage of manual segment management
- B.simplifies maintenance and recovery by using fewer tablespaces
- C.uses locally managed tablespaces, and enables more control over unused space
- D.decreases block-packing compared to the older model, increasing the overall number of buffer gets
- E.makes best use of the restricted number of raw devices available in Real Application Clusters (RAC) and other environments
222.As an Oracle Applications DBA, you are asked to bring up the Oracle Applications R12 environment, which is restored from backup. You try to start the services and find that the startup scripts adapcctl.sh, adalnctl.sh, and adcmctl.sh are missing. Identity which utility you will use to re-create these scripts?
223.In the Oracle Applications R12 file system, where do you find the server process scripts of the database tier?
- D.<8.0.6 ORACLE HOME>/appsutil/scripts
224.Which three statements correctly describe shared APPL_TOP features and functionality? (Choose three.)
- A.It is possible to merge multiple APPL_TOPs to create a single shared APPL_TOP.
- B.You must have a shared APPL_TOP to use distributed AD for improved efficiency of patch application.
- C.A single APPL_TOP cannot provide services for all application node types (Forms, Web, concurrent processing, and administration) simultaneously.
- D.In a shared APPL_TOP environment, each node has its own environment file (APPS.env) and applications context file (xml).
225.On a database server that uses a Windows platform, there are two ways to stop a database. One way is to go to the Windows Services window, and then click Stop. Which is the other way (on a Windows platform)?
- A.$ addbctl.sh stop normal
- B.$ addinctl.sh stop
- C.C:\> addbctl.cmd stop normal
- D.C:\> addinctl.cmd stop
- E.C:\> addbctl.cmd shutdown immediate
226.Identify three facts that you should consider when planning a shared APPL_TOP Oracle Applications installation. (Choose three.)
- A.It supports a shared Applications technology stack.
- B.Overall disk space requirements may not be reduced.
- C.It can maximize system availability and meet additional usage requirements.
- D.It provides for utilization of distributed AD, improving patch application efficiency.
- E.Administrative tasks, such as patch application, need to be carried out only once.
- F.It provides flexibility because Oracle homes in a shared APPL_TOP are not required to be at the same patch level.
- G.It provides versatility because APPL_TOP can be shared across nodes running operating systems that are not binary compatible.
227.Identify three valid AD utilities for Oracle E-Business Suite R12. (Choose three.)
228.You need to execute the adadmin utility. You log in as an applications user (applmgr). Which environment file should you run to execute adadmin successfully?
- D.$INST_TOP/ APPS.env
- E.$APPL_TOP/ APPS.env